France visa and work permit

First of all, visit the website of the Consulate General of France in your country which provides information on procedures applicable to foreign nationals who wish to apply for a visa to travel to France.

For Prospective Applicants
If you wish to apply for a temporary visa to France, read the information on the Consulate website carefully. If you follow the guidelines listed on the site, you will be able to submit your documents accurately. This will reduce the chances of your application being rejected due to inadequate or faulty submission of documents.

Spouse of a French citizen
As the spouse of a French citizen, you need to get a spouse visa and that you have to do through the French consulate in the country in which you are currently resident. This being France, each consulate seems to have slightly different procedures for visa applications so you should check the local consulate's website.

Basic process, though, should be much the same. You need to get a French livret de famille first (also through the consulate). It helps if your French spouse has been registered with the consulate, but if not, now is a good time to start the process. They'll want to have proof of your marriage, plus the usual i.d. and for the French spouse, their French carte d'identité and passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment