ICAR-Indian Institute of Spices Research is hiring Biotechnology / Molecular Biology candidates for JRF Posts. Interested candidates may check out the details given below:
Applications are invited online for the following post under DBT funded research projects at ICAR Indian Institute of Spices Research, Kozhikode, Kerala. The positions are of temporary nature and co-terminus with the project.
Name of the project: “Survey, Identification and Characterization of unique ginger and turmeric landraces endemic to North Eastern Region (NER) of India”.
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Position: 01
Emoluments per month: Rs 31000/ month Plus HRA @ 16 % for the 1 st and 2 nd year; Rs 35000/ month Plus HRA @ 16 % for the 3 rd year.
– M.Sc in Biotechnology/Molecular Biology with NET qualification OR
- M Tech in Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology with 4 years of Bachelor’s Degree OR
– M Sc (Agri) in Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology with 4 years of Bachelor’s Degree
Desirable Qualifications: One-year research experience in Molecular markers/molecular biology in plant science.
Nature of Work: Work involves germplasm exploration, conservation, collection of plant samples, nucleic acid isolation from plants, marker mining, PCR, cloning, sequence analysis including NGS data and real-time PCR.
Duration: Until 05 August 2021
Upper age limit: 35 years for men and 40 years for women as on the date of interview. Age relaxation as per Government of India rules.
General Terms and conditions
1. The above position is purely on a temporary basis and is for the period as mentioned in the respective projects.
2. The selected candidate will not have any right for claiming pay scale or absorption against any regular post being vacant on a later date at this Institute.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.
4. Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
5. The decision of the Director, ICAR- IISR would be final and binding in all aspects.
6. Candidates who secure the minimum marks prescribed by the Institute on screening of application only will be eligible for attending the interview. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be decided by the Director of the Institute.
7. Those who do not possess proof of Age and Educational Qualifications will not be allowed to attend the Interview
Note: All relevant certificates (in original) and biodata, No objection certificate in case he/she is employed elsewhere and experience certificate in original (if any) need to be produced at the time of interview/date of joining.
Location of IISR Kozhikode Main Campus -Pallithazham bus stop between Moozhikkal East and Chelavoor on the NH 212 “Kozhikode – Kollegal” Road.
Last Date: 20-Feb-2021