PHD THESIS AWARD
The International Academy of Wood Science is a non-profit assembly of elected wood scientists, recognizing all fields of wood science with their associated technological domains.
IAWS wishes to provide recognition to outstanding wood science thesis/dissertation research at the PhD level by students throughout the world. The competition is limited to students receiving their degrees in other than their native country. The purpose is to foster and recognize cross-national interaction.
1. The submission shall be no more than 2 pages of an extended abstract (in English) of the thesis/dissertation and a one-page CV of the student. The submission can be by the student and/or the student’s advisor.
2. The thesis/dissertation must have been completed within the period of 26 April 2010—26 April 2011. The documentation shall be sent by email to the Chair of the IAWS Board, George Jeronimidis (email@example.com).
3. The deadline for receipt of the submission is 30 September.
4. Judging of the submissions shall be done by the IAWS Board, which will make recommendations to the Executive Committee for the final decisions.
5. Up to three annual awards may be given and will be designated as gold, silver, and bronze for first, second, and third places, respectively. The winners will receive appropriate medals and certificates to commemorate their awards, and the results will be published in the IAWS Bulletin and on the IAWS web page.
6. The gold medal winner will be invited to attend an IAWS meeting and present his/her work. IAWS will provide up to $US1000 to cover the expenses of the travel and attendance.