Entry Visa: is required for any foreigner arriving in Egypt for purposes other than tourism, e.g. work, study, etc. The possession of a valid entry visa is needed to complete the residence procedure in Egypt.
Tourist Visa: is usually valid for a period not exceeding three months and granted on either single or multiple entry basis. The Visa is valid only for travel within three months from the date of issue and is valid only for One- month stay in Egypt, beginning on the date of arrival. If you have a reason to extend your stay, you can do that from the ministry of interior affairs in Egypt after declaring the reasons for that and their acceptance for that reasons.
Tourist visas for Egypt can often be obtained upon arrival in Egypt, for citizens of most countries (It is highly recommended to confirm visa particulars with the appropriate consulate, however).
However, citizens of the following countries are required to be in possession of a pre-arrival visa: Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chechnya, Croatia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Morocco, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines, Serbia, Slovenia, Sri-Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and all African countries.
Student visa: Egyptian consulates do not issue student visas; application for a student visa (if required) is made after entering Egypt with a tourist or entry visa.
Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa:
- nationals of Kuwait, who are allocated a six months’ residence permit upon arrival;
- Palestinians holding an Egyptian residence card, provided the stay outside Egypt does not exceed six months;
- nationals of Bahrain, Djibouti, Guinea, Jordan (only with a passport with at least five years’ validity), Libya, Oman, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen for stays of up to three months;
- Holders of diplomatic passports of Argentina, Bosnia Herzegovina, Italy, Malaysia, Malta, Singapore, the Slovak Republic and Turkey;
- those continuing their journey to a third country within 24 hours, provided holding confirmed tickets.
- Cruise ship passengers entering Egypt at any port for a maximum stay of 3 days.
For current visa information, please visit http://en.egypt.travel/practical_info/visa_travel_info