ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
ANSARI NAGAR, NEW DELHI – 110 608
Admission Notice No.93/2020
AIIMS PhD PROGRAMME – JULY 2020 SESSION
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi invites Online applications for AIIMS PhD Entrance Examination through online (CBT) mode for admission in Ph.D. Programme July 2020 session. The details are given below:
1) Please fill the Online Application carefully. It may not be possible to make changes after Registration as indicated.
2) Any Amendment/Rectification/Change/Editing is NOT allowed in Name, Date of Birth and Community Department and PWBD status after payment of application fee through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking and images once uploaded cannot be changed later.
3) Other changes in the online Registration/Application i.e. Nationality, Sponsored to General, General to Sponsored etc. will NOT be permitted after 09.08.2020.
4) Applicants may note that further correspondence will NOT be entertained in this regard.
Examination Pattern Summary
- Mode of Examination - Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]
- Duration of Examination - 90 Minutes Stage I & II
- Date of Examination - Friday, 21st August 2020
- Number of Shifts - 01 (One)
- Timing of Examination - 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM (90 Minutes)
- Language of Paper - English
- Type of Examination -Objective Type
- Number of Questions - Stage I & II (30+40=70)
- Type of Objective Questions - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Distribution of Questions: Non-Medical Candidates
Aptitude related covering English: 30; Subject related: 40
Correct Answer: One mark (+)1; Incorrect Answer: Minus one-third (−)1/3; Unanswered / Marked for Review: 0; Not Answered: 0
Method of Cut-Of: At least 35 marks in Stage I and II (Combined) to be eligible for Stage III. The special weightage (described in the prospectus) to be added after determining eligibility.
Candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for Stage III (Department clinical/ practical / lab based assessment carrying 20 marks)
Method of resolving ties: The tie case will be resolved according to age (Date of birth), the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
Number of PhD seats
Admission of the candidate will be done by counseling strictly in order of merit depending on:
- Availability of seats in respective broad subject/specialty (e.g. Anatomy, Biochemistry, Neurology, etc.) chosen by the candidate at the time of application.
- Whether the seat is available under Fellowship Available / Own Fellowship categories.
- Eligibility based on his/her qualification required in the respective project of the Ph.D. seat for which the candidate may fulfill (i) & (ii) as above on merit.
Eligibility for Ph. D course (Open candidates): A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
Non-Medical – For non-medical candidates eligibility shall be Master’s Degree (two years course) awarded by Indian Universities or equivalent in the subject as per the requirement of the project.
Candidates holding M.Sc. (Other than M.Sc. Nursing) M.Tech. degree & BAMS will be eligible for the Non-Medical Qualification Category. Candidate having eligibility under the non-medical category should have at least 60% marks in the last eligibility examination qualified.
Candidate possessing a Masters Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible
The non-medical candidates should have preferably qualified in any one of the following National Entrance tests in the last 2 years from the last date of submission of the online application form (i.e.10th August 2018 to 9th August 2020), leading to the award of a fellowship tenable at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
- ICMR – JRF
- ICMR- SRF
- DBT – JRF
- NBHM screening test
- Graduate aptitude test (GATE)
- INSPIRE fellowship
NOTE: Candidates who have qualified in the above-said examinations leading to the award of fellowships tenable at AIIMS, New Delhi will be given special weightage in the entrance examination as detailed in the method of selection part of guidelines.
Candidates working under Central Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate” from their employer before they are allowed to join the Ph.D. Course.
The candidates who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by 31.08.2020 may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after 31.08.2020 are not eligible to take up this examination.
Applicants from AIIMS Faculty/Scientific Staff for Ph. D. registration will be considered as in-service candidates as per guidelines laid down by AIIMS in this regard.
A candidate is allowed to submit an application for one specialty/department only.
Centre for Examination
The examination will be conducted through online (CBT) modes.
AIIMS PhD Course Fee
Each candidate selected for admission will have to pay the following Course Duration Fees and dues:
How to Apply
All applicants are advised to read the Prospectus and Help Manual carefully before starting Online Registration and ensure that no column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence/request for reconsideration will be entertained.
Applicants are also advised to download and take a print of the Registration Form. They should retain a copy of the Registration Form till the completion of the Admission Process.
Please visit www.aiimsexams.org regularly for the latest notification/announcement as well any Addendum/ Dedendum/ Corrigendum/Latest updates etc. regarding this Examination.
Important instruction applicable to AIIMS PhD Program examination:
1. INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Candidate should fill in the Online Application Form taking utmost care and follow the instructions and help manual as given in the APPENDIX – II of the Prospectus, step by step. Candidate should fill in the Online Application form correctly. The incorrectly filled form may lead to rejection.
2. ONLINE REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org. The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of the online application form.
Online Registration: After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the instructions scrupulously.
It will be the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Form. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled online Application form.
No candidate should register more than one application.
All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature/Left Thumb Impression is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of applications.
Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in the cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
- General/OBC Category: Rs.1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST/EWS Category: Rs.1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- PWBD Candidates is exempted from any Fee
Mode of payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
Declaration of Results
Results for Ph.D. Program will be available on the website at www.aiimsexams.org Result of individual candidate will NOT be informed on telephone and candidates are advised NOT to call the Examination Section for such information. However, the individual results can be checked after the closing of the admission process.
Registration of Online Application through the web portal starts from 27.07.2020
Last date for Registration of Online application 09.08.2020