With most services, it’s easier to sign-up online and then go to the app to find jobs.
Monetize Your Skills: With skills-based gig apps, there are opportunities to work as little – or as much – as you’d like. You can take on side gigs or make freelancing your full-time job. Some sites like Upwork, offer different types of opportunities for gig workers while others focus on a specific niche.
- editorr is an on-demand service that hires online editors with an academic or professional background in English, journalism, copywriting, creative writing, or similar fields.
- Fiverr is a platform for freelancers to market their creative services in more than 200 categories. Freelancers post the services they provide and set the price for the gigs, which begin at $5.
- Jijatjo provides flexible options for hospitality workers, matching you with opportunities that match your schedule. Jijatjo offers competitive hourly rates, and pay is almost immediate (within a few hours) after you finish a shift.
- Thumbtack offers professionals a way to find jobs doing almost anything. Pros post their business, and customers reach out to those they are interested in working with.
- Tutor to Go is an online tutoring service. Professors, teachers, professionals with industry expertise provide tutoring services when they are available.
- Upwork is a platform for freelancers to find jobs and projects, connect with clients, and get hired quickly.
- Wyzant provides one-on-one tutoring services for school and university students. There are more than 12,000 subject areas and a stringent vetting process for applicants.
Provide Health and Fitness Services: As artificial intelligence changes the medical landscape, there are opportunities for health care providers to practice virtual medicine, communicating with patients on a smartphone or tablet. There are also opportunities for fitness instructors to provide virtual training. For services that need hands-on care, massage therapists, for example, can deliver in-home massages arranged by the app.
The application process starts online and services may be provided or arranged via the company’s app.
- DoctorOnDemand hires employee and independent contractor physicians, psychologists, and psychiatrists.
- Teladoc provides opportunities for primary care physicians, dermatologists, and behavioral health providers who handle routine, non-emergency medical problems by video or phone.
- LiveKick hires personal trainers and private yoga instructors for sessions conducted over live video.
- Trainerize works with personal trainers so they can connect with clients on the Trainerize app.
- Soothe is an app where massage therapists join the Soothe professional network to provide in-home, office, or hotel massages.
- Zeel is an app for download where you can get approved and verified quickly. Selected candidates participate in on-boarding, then download the app and start booking massage appointments.