|July 6, 2012
|Joint Research Projects/Seminars FY2013 Call For Proposals (September Application Round) was posted.
|July 6, 2012
|Researcher Exchange Program FY2013 Call For Proposals was posted.
JSPS promotes international scientific exchanges between Japan and counterpart countries in accordance with agreements or memoranda of understanding concluded with academies, research councils and other science-promotion organizations in those countries. Programs with such partner agencies mainly take the form of joint research projects, joint seminars and researcher exchanges.
Proposals for bilateral programs are openly recruited; and, per agreement with the partner agency, are jointly selected and supported.
- (1) Joint Research Projects
- Under this format, support is provided for joint projects carried out by research teams in Japan and the counterpart country based on a 2-3 year research plan. JSPS’s support mainly takes the form of travel grants. The ultimate purpose of these projects is to build sustainable inter-group networks by supporting researcher interaction between the two teams.
- (2) Joint Seminars
- Supported are small-scale scientific seminars organized by bilateral teams for a period of up to one week. They are held in either Japan or the counterpart country.
- (3) Researcher Exchanges
- Under this framework, the sending country nominates visiting researchers, whom it dispatches upon the receiving country’s acceptance. These exchanges normally provide researchers with their first opportunity to do research in the counterpart country. Program Guidelines for the Researcher Exchange Program
Call for Proposals
- Joint Research Projects/Seminars FY2013 Call For Proposals (September Application Round) was posted.
- Researcher Exchange Program FY2013 Call For Proposals was posted.
- Joint Research Projects/Seminars FY2012 Call For Proposals (February Application Round) was posted. *closed
- Number of Joint Research Projects and Seminars under the Bilateral Programs (FY2007 - FY2009)
- Number of Japanese researchers selected under the Researcher Exchange Program (FY2007 - FY2009)
- Progress Report of the US-Japan Cooperative Cancer Research Program (April1974 - March2010)
- List of Joint Research Projects and Seminars (FY2009)