National Institute of Technology Meghalaya is one of the National Institutes of Technology. It is in Shillong, Meghalaya, India. Classes were started in 2010 at the Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat.
Recruitment of one position of Junior Research Fellow to work on a Research Project funded by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Govt. of India, undertaken in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, NIT-Meghalaya through online Walkin interview on 28-10-2020 from 10:00 am onwards.
- Name of the Temporary positions: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) leads to PhD
- Number of positions: 01 (One)
- Name of the Research Project: “Masking of interfering sounds in a crowded environment for hearing aid applications “
- Name of the Sponsoring Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), GOI, Reference No.EEQ/2018/001338
- Duration of the Project: 16 months. The initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable up-to completion of the project or end of the project duration, whichever is earlier. The extension of engagement will be solely based on the performance of the candidate. During this extension, the candidate may be allowed to register for PhD under this work based on the eligibility as per the institute norms.
- Job Description: This work involves the development of an algorithm for increasing of speech intelligibility for hearing-impaired listeners in the presence of competing sounds.Identification of various features that distinguish interfering sounds from the target speech. Development of deep neural network (DNN) based algorithm to address this problem. A deep neural network is trained to estimate the mask for a target talker in the presence of competing sounds based on auditory processing model.
- Salary: Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/-per month
- Accommodation: Bachelor accommodation in the Institution hostels
- Essential Qualifications and experience: M.E./M.Tech in Electronics (GATE qualification is a must) and Communication or equivalent degree to perform requisite simulation and experimental work.
- Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences: The candidate with sound knowledge in Signal Processing, Probability Theory and Linear Algebra is preferred. Programing skills in C++/MATLAB/PYTHON will be given added preference.
How to Apply?
Candidate must email the scanned copies of self-attested documents to the following email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27-10-2020 by 5 PM.
The selected candidate should join within a week from the date of intimation of selection and all original documents should also be submitted for verification.
Oct 27, 2020
Principal Investigator (SERB, DST Sponsored project
Assistant Professor &HoD, Department of ECE
NIT Meghalaya, Email: email@example.com