Applications are now invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with an outstanding track record in Biological sciences/ Biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment and other allied areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) is an Indian government department, under the Ministry of Science and Technology responsible for administrating development and commercialization in the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India. It was set up in 1986.
Through several research and development projects, demonstrations, grants, and creation of infrastructural facilities a clear visible impact of this field have been seen. The department has made significant achievements in the growth and application of biotechnology in the broad areas of agriculture, health care, animal sciences, environment, and industry. The proven technologies at the laboratory level have been scaled up and demonstrated in the field.
The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving a salary from an international organization, he/ she will be entitled to a research grant i.e. contingency only.
In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower, and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research projects under the fellowship.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as 15-11-2020.
- The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his/ her organization.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering, or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/ related areas.
- The applicant must have outstanding contributions and publications in a specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/ Institute/ Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/ she is availing of any other fellowship, he/ she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to finding innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
How to Apply?
To download the application format, click here.
Application (2 hard copies) duly forwarded by the competent authority of host Institute should be sent to Dr. Deo Prakash Chaturvedi, Scientist “C”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Room No. 814, 8th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, not later than November 15, 2020.
The Soft copy of the application in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted online through the DBT ePromis portal by clicking here. The last date to apply is November 15, 2020.
Post a Comment