Here are the visa options if you want to live in New Zealand permanently, and your visa application will be based on your occupation or skills.
- Skilled Migrant Category - for people who have the skills, qualifications and experience New Zealand needs.
- Work to Residence - for people who:
- are qualified in occupations that are in demand in New Zealand, or
- have a job offer from an accredited employer, or
- have exceptional talent in sports or the arts.
This option allows you to apply for a temporary work visa as a step towards gaining permanent residence.
- Residence from Work - for people who are already in New Zealand on a Work to Residence visa, and want to apply for residence.
Are you joining your partner in New Zealand?
Our Family Stream is for people who want to work temporarily while joining their partner here. See the requirements.