Working temporarily in New Zealand

Go to the Working Holiday Scheme pages if you are aged between 18 and 30 years and want to experience life in New Zealand through a working holiday.  
Temporary work visas - for people who:
  • have a job offer from a New Zealand employer
  • are skilled in occupations that are in demand
  • are coming here for a particular purpose or event
  • want to gain work experience or work after studying in New Zealand
  • are students and who want to work
  • want to join a partner here and work.


If you have decided to come to New Zealand to work temporarily, you will probably need to apply for a work visa. Find out if you do, and what requirements you need to meet.

How to apply

If you think that you meet the requirements, then follow our steps to applying for a temporary work visa.

After you are accepted

If you have been in New Zealand for a while and your circumstances have changed, find out how your visa is affected.

Want to study or train while holding a temporary work visa?

All temporary visa holders may study for:
  • up to three months per visa or
  • three months in every 12-month period if the visa is granted for multiple years. You won’t need to apply for a student visa or variation of conditions.
If you’re here on a work visa and you want to study full time for longer than three months, you need to apply for a student visa.

If you are here on a work visa and you want to study part time for longer than three months, you can apply for a variation of conditions to your current visa.

Are you joining your partner in New Zealand?

Our Family Stream is for people who want to work temporarily while joining their partner here. See the requirements.


No comments:

Post a Comment