Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record & experience for the following position purely on a temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
Advt. No.: 51/2020/IISER-P/Proj._Rect./27.11.2020
Name of the Post: Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Number of posts: 01 (One)
Name of the Project: “Identification of the most active cocoonase of sericigenous insects through molecular characterization”.
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Project Code: 30817333
Minimum Educational Qualification & Experience: M.Sc. in Life Sciences / Biology / Chemistry with CSIR / NET GATE or equivalent scorecard and two years of research experience as Junior Research Fellow (Project Assistant / Project Fellow) or equivalent. Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply
Preference: Candidates with at least 3 years’ experience in protein crystallography with expertise in gene cloning, biochemical techniques, protein purification, crystallization and structure determination, biochemical assays for protein characterization will be preferred.
Tenure of the appointment: Up to February 21, 2021,
Consolidated emoluments: Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA per month
Age: Not more than 32 years as on the last date of application
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to email@example.com on or before December 06, 2020. Please mention “Advt.51/2020” and “Senior Research Fellow (SRF)” in the subject line of the email.
List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form.
Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage.
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in the Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualification/s and experience/s are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the selection process. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to carry out the selection process for all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. Age relaxation commensurate with the experience of the applicant may be considered with the prior approval of the competent authority.
7. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
8. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
9. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
APPLY ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 06, 2020