Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate in ICSSRIMPRESSfunded project titled ‘Impact of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on Rural Health andHygiene Practices: A study of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar’
Indira Gandhi National Open University known as IGNOU, is a Central University located at Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India. Named after former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi, the university was established in 1985 with a budget of ₹20 million, after the Parliament of India passed the Indira Gandhi National Open University Act, 1985 (IGNOU Act 1985).
The study aims to assess the impact of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on rural health and hygiene practices like hand washing, open defecation, sanitation etc and document the behaviour change and how it has affected the quality of life of people and impact on gender inclusion and overall equity. Under the project, data collection will be carried out in U.P and Bihar. The Research Associate will be required to assist the Project Director at IGNOU, Delhi, in the area of assignment.
Post Graduate in any social science discipline with minimum 55% marks and NET/SLET/MPhil/PhD
- 2-5 years experience and evidence of documentation skills or research report writing skills
- Experience of Review of Literature, Primary data collection, data processing, sampling design and Questionnaire design
- Experience in research preferably in WASH, Community Development
- Preferably having some admin. and supervisory experience
- Experience of data analysis in excel and any Statistical software
- Willing to travel for data collection, training and supervision of fieldwork in districts of UP and Bihar
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in English and Hindi, and other regional languages from UP and Bihar preferred.
Consolidated monthly emolument of Rs. 25,000/-
How to Apply?
Application along with the recent CV with qualifications and research experience shall be emailed email@example.com 30 days of this advertisement. The candidate selected for the interview will be informed through email/phone calls only. No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.