Visa details for Australia

All travelers to Australia, other than Australian and New Zealand citizens, are required to hold a valid visa to travel to Australia.

Visitors from Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark,  Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, USA and Vatican City can apply for an ETA that allows you to visit for up to 3 months per visit in a 12 month period. The visa is free but you need to pay a service fee (A$20) to apply.

Australian ETA -(visa class 601)
There is also an evisitor that is valid for all countries in the European Union. There are few different details for work and business.


Visa Options

The Working Holiday and Work and Holiday programs encourage cultural exchange and closer ties between arrangement countries by allowing young people to have an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment.

What's New?

Recent changes and announcements about the Working Holidayand Work and Holiday programs.

Fact Sheets

There are a number of fact sheets available which provide more information on temporary residence options in Australia, including the Working Holiday and Work and Holiday programs.

Working in Australia

Information on finding employment, specified work, rates of pay and employer obligations if you choose to work in Australia under the Working Holiday and Work and Holiday programs.

Working Holidays Overseas for Australians

Australia has reciprocal working holiday visa programs with many countries. All countries have the same basic requirements. However, there are a few extra requirements if you want to have an extended working holiday in Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey, the USA or Uruguay. You should contact your nearest foreign mission of the country you want to travel to for full details about application requirements.


Visa Options

For people visiting Australia for holidays, tourism, recreation or to see family and friends. If you are an Australian Citizen or have obtained Australian Citizenship by descent, you are not able to apply for, or be granted an Australian visa.

Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)

An electronically stored authority for short-term visits to Australia for tourism or business purposes of up to 3 months. Available to passport holders from a number of countries and regions, who are outside Australia.

eVisitors (Subclass 651)

An electronically stored authority for visits to Australia for tourism or business purposes for up to 3 months. Available to passport holders from the European Union and a number of other European countries, who are outside Australia.

Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

A temporary visa allowing a stay in Australia of up to 3 or 6 or 12 months. Applicants can apply from both outside and in Australia. Some tourists or business visitors are eligible to lodge an online application for an e600 Tourist visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment