Live and Travel Anywhere in Australia with a Working Holiday Visa

If you travel to Australia for whatever reason– a holiday, visiting friends & relatives or to travel and work in Australia for 12 months, you will need to apply for an Australia working holiday visa. This subclass of Australia visa will enable you to take any job you can find in Australia while holidaying for up to 12 months on the condition that you don’t work for any single employer for more than 6 months.

Since the implementation of this reciprocal visa program, thousands of young people have applied for a Working Holiday Visa. This visa has also been the most common means for backpackers and uni-gappers to experience Australia’s laid back lifestyle, have the opportunity to exercise their independence, as well as have the time to do everything you ever wanted.

So with your working holiday visa, you will get a full year to kick back for your ultimate adventure down under, as well as make the most of it and travel further by topping up your funds with part-time work along the way.

To be eligible to apply, you must meet all the requirements for this visa such as you should hold a passport issued by an eligible country (UK and Ireland are included); be aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) at time of applying; and not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday Visa.

Once your visa is approved, you must also apply for an Australian Tax File Number (TFN) as most Australian employers will require you to provide them with this before you start to work in Australia. You apply for your TFN online; however, do take note that you can only complete this application if you are a permanent migrant or temporary visitor such as a working holiday-maker who is actually in Australia.

You must also set up an Australian bank account as when you’re working in Australia your wages will need to be paid into an Aussie bank account.

You can sort this out when you arrive in Australia or you can avail of the services of some travel suppliers, for example STA, who will help sort it out for you before you leave. You will need to take along your passport and some money to get started.

Also, prepare and make your CV up-to-date. Consider also buying travel insurance before you leave the country.

Once these things are prepared, you can now do a search online and book your flight. Decide on which Australian Gateway city you want to start your adventure in.

In Australia, there are a number of different transport options and journey ideas for travelling around, ranging from domestic airlines; going by rail; renting or buying a car, kombi or campervan; or taking a boat.

Also, upon your arrival in your chosen Australian gateway, it is best that you pre-booked your first few nights accommodation, just until you find your feet.

Then, armed with your working holiday visa, you can work your way around Australia.

Because of Australia’s booming mining and resource industries, most of Australia’s businesses are now looking not only for skilled workers but also for unskilled and seasonal workers. You could also work in farms and plantations as seasonal workers.

Of course, you don’t have to work, but working in these part-time jobs is a great way to get extra cash so you can travel more and get to experience the real Australia.

Whether you’re just wanting to chill by the sea, or looking for adventure in the rugged Outback or just wanting to chill on the many clubs, bars and restaurants of the country’s dynamic cities while working on part-time jobs, Australia’s working holiday visa will enable you to do all these and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment