Google PhD Fellowship Program 2020
Research/Job Area- All backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology.
The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
Location - Africa, Australia and New Zealand, East Asia, Europe, India, the United States and Canada.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa or India. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- If you are in a PhD program already, you should be an early-stage PhD student when submitting your application, i.e., you have completed one year or less of your PhD.
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Current undergraduate, master students and professionals may apply. The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for a full-time PhD program of an African or Indian university in Computer Science or related areas within the calendar year of the fellowship, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Applicants enrolled in an undergraduate or masters program must be current, full-time students at an African or Indian university.
- Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa or India, and receipt of the award is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at an African or Indian university within the calendar year of the award.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for a PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
5. Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible.
Job/Position Description- Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional work in computer science and related research areas. We currently offer Fellowships in Australia, China and East Asia, Europe, Africa, India, the United States and Canada.
- Up to 4 year Fellowship
- US $50K to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
How to Apply- In India and Africa, students may apply directly during the application period, which opens each February in India and each November in Africa. Applications are open to students in Computer Science and related areas from any Indian or African university.
Last Date for Apply – 27 April 2020 at 11:59:59 PM IST