Procedures to apply for Visa-free entry & Transit (G) Visa to China
Visa-free entry for visitors
No visa is required for ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan to visit China for up to 15 days for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends or transit.
1. Visas are not required of aliens who hold air tickets to the final destination and have booked seats on international airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.
2. Visas are not required of passport holders of the following countries, who transit through Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport of Shanghai, provided they hold valid passports, visas for the onward countries, final destination tickets and have booked seats, and stay in Shanghai for less than 48 hours : Republic of Korea, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland.
Apply for a Transit Visa (G Visa)
Transit Visa (G Visa) is issued to an alien who transits through China.
Ⅰ.Please submit the following documents with your application:
1. A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page: Your valid passportmust have at least six (6) months of remaining validity with at least one blank visa page in it. 2. Application form: One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). 3. Photo: one recent photo of 2*2 square inch (black & white or color is acceptable) glued or stapled on the application form. 4. Temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa or foreign residents with legitimate status in the US, may apply for Chinese visa to the Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy. The visa officer may ask the applicant to provide the original and photocopy of their US Green Card,Work Permit,I-20 Form, valid US Visa or other additional documents and make a decision on whether to issue the visa case by case. 5. First time applicants whose former nationality was Chinese, shall write down his Chinese name in the application form and submit his original Chinese passport and the photocopy of the information page of the passport. Applicant who was formerly Chinese and has acquired a new US passport, if there is a Chinese visa in the old passport, shall submit his old US passport or the photocopy of the Chinese visa. 6. A valid visa of the country of destination, and a final destination airline ticket.
Ⅱ.How to apply
1.You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside; 2.If you cannot come in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to drop off your application at the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
▲No appointment is required.
▲Mailed applications are not acceptableand will be refused.
1.The regular processing time is 4 working days.
2.Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per visa.
3.Same day rush service: emergency only, with additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:30pm may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day).
1. Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check or Company Check. Cash or Personal checks are not acceptable.
2. Please make the company check, cashier's check or money order payable to Chinese Embassy.
Number of Entry
Duration of stay
Citizens of other countries
1-10 days (each entry)
1. If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or refusal of the requested visa. 2.Please request your visa according to your times of entry, duration of stay and time of entry. Generally, there are no multiple transit visa.
3.Visa Officers are empowered to decide on the times of entry, duration of stay and time of entry, following certain regulations, and may require the applicants provide some other relevant documents.
4.Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious diseases shall not be permitted to enter China.
All regulations are subject to change without notice.